Home to almost 200,000 people, Knoxville is the third-largest city in Tennessee. This charming area is known for its pleasant weather, vibrant art community, scenic mountain views, and yearly festivals. Because of this, Knoxville can be enjoyed by both residents and tourists alike.
However, even a city as fun and lively as Knoxville is not immune to the nation’s growing drug and alcohol problem. Given this unfortunate fact, it is important that help be available to those in the area. Thankfully, Discovery Place offers an effective rehab near Knoxville, Tennessee that allows men to heal from their addiction in a safe environment.
Why Choose Drug Rehab Near Knoxville, TN?
Due to its harmonious blend of nature and city, many choose Knoxville as their recovery destination. Located in Knox County, not only does the city offer beautiful views, but it is an ideal place to explore with friends made in recovery. While Discovery Place is not located in Knoxville, there are still a variety of sober activities to enjoy in Knoxville when out of the facility.
Popular attractions in Knoxville include:
- Hiking: Since Knoxville is in close proximity to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, there are plenty of waterfalls, mountains, and forests to explore. For those only wanting to stay in the city’s vicinity, there are many local trails that can also be enjoyed.
- Watersports: Running through the heart of Knoxville is the Tennessee River. There, individuals can go kayaking, paddle boarding, and canoeing.
- Historical Sites: There are several historical homes, sites, and museums that can be visited in Knoxville. Each provides unique insight into the rich history of the city.
- Art in Many Forms: Knoxville is known to be an artistic city. Dive into this colorful side of the town by exploring local studios, galleries, and museums.
- Local Shops: From small businesses to established brands, there are a wide variety of shops to choose from in the area.
How Drug Addiction Impacts Tennessee
Sadly, addiction has led to an increase in crime and tragedy not only for Knoxville but for the state of Tennessee as a whole. According to a Mental Health and Substance Use State factsheet, from 2015 to 2020, Tennessee’s overdose deaths increased by almost 50%. In Knox County alone almost 350 people lost their lives to drugs in 2020. Also, it is important to note that 80% of crimes committed in Tennessee were and continue to be drug-related.
As with the rest of the nation, opioid use is prominent in Tennessee. For example, in 2020, over 80% of Tennessee’s overdose fatalities were a result of opioid use. Furthermore, over 200,000 Tennessee residents admit to misusing prescription medications such as opioid painkillers. Opioids are not the only drug being misused in the state. In fact, almost 1,000 meth labs exist in Tennessee.
According to a 2018 to 2019 report, alcohol is also a problem for residents. To add, more than 5% of those 18 and over are struggling with alcohol misuse. These harrowing statistics highlight the need for rehab services around Knoxville, Tennessee. Fortunately, centers such as Discovery Place are available to get men the help they need before it is too late.
What We Treat at Our Rehab Near Knoxville, TN
Discovery Place is proud to offer treatment for a wide variety of addictions at our rehab near Knoxville, Tennessee. In terms of drug addiction, we offer assistance to men struggling with the following substances:
- Amphetamines (including meth)
- ADHD medications
- Bath salts
Additionally, we offer treatment for the below conditions and addictions:
- Alcohol addiction
- Dual diagnosis
- Sex addiction
- Mental health disorders (such as anxiety and depression)
Services Offered at Discovery Place
To ensure each individual who walks through our doors receives the comprehensive healing they deserve, we offer a variety of programming. With the help of our caring staff, clients are able to devise a treatment plan that best suits their needs and circumstances.
Below is a list of services and programs offered at our rehab near Knoxville, Tennessee which include:
The 12-Step model serves as a step-by-step guide to a successful recovery. Additionally, Discovery Place uses 12-Step programming to help clients achieve and maintain sobriety. Specifically, this model encourages group sessions in which individuals openly share their experiences. Following treatment, individuals can continue attending 12-Step meetings in order to stay strong in their recovery.
30-Day Rehab Program
While in our 30-day rehab program, individuals can heal from their addictions away from outside influences and triggers. During this program, residents live on-site where they can enjoy our facilities while bonding with those around them. They can also engage in various treatments to encourage health and wellness.
Step-Down Residential Program
For those who need additional support following one of our rehab programs, Discovery Place offers a step-down residential program—thus allowing residents to strengthen their position in recovery while continuing to build essential life skills. To accomplish this, the men in this program live in our recovery community and spend one to nine months in guided care.
It is no secret that addiction is a family disease. As such, it is important to incorporate the family into an individual’s treatment plan. Not only does this type of programming provide family members with the help they need, but it allows them to mend the relationship between them and their loved ones struggling with addiction.
Long-Term Recovery Program
In some cases, 30 days is not always enough time for individuals to feel secure in their recovery. Therefore, 60-day and 90-day rehab is often needed. For this reason, Discovery Place offers a long-term program giving individuals the time they need to live confidently in their sobriety.
Continuing Care + Aftercare
To set our clients up for a lasting recovery, we offer aftercare as well as continuing care. This program involves checking in with alumni in order to prevent relapse and offer support. To add, it encourages them to maintain accountability and helps them adapt to life changes.
Benefits of Our Rehab Service Near Knoxville, TN
The most noteworthy benefit of attending treatment at Discovery Place is achieving a happy and fulfilling life of sobriety. However, there are additional benefits of our programs we are proud of. Specifically, we consider the following benefits to be highlights of our rehab near the Knoxville area.
- Compassionate Team: Our staff members will do everything in our power to help residents succeed in recovery. For this reason, we are always there to answer any questions and offer our unfaltering support.
- Opportunity to Connect with Peers: In group sessions, residents are able to share openly. This lessens stigma and encourages bonding. Furthermore, the relationships formed in recovery often lead to long-term support networks.
- Small Group Setting: We believe our clients deserve our undivided attention. Because we offer small-group settings, each client feels heard and seen throughout their recovery journey.
- Comfortable Facility: Those living at our rehab facility get access to clean amenities, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and fun recreational activities. Additionally, we have plenty of outdoor space for our residents to enjoy the fresh air and warm sunshine.
- Alumni Opportunities: At our rehab center, we value our past and current residents alike. We encourage our alumni to volunteer as well as host events for them to participate in.
Begin Our Drug and Alcohol Rehab Near Knoxville, TN
At Discovery Place, we wholeheartedly believe that you are worthy of health and happiness. Sobriety is well within your reach, all you need is a little help. At our rehab near Knoxville, we are ready to give you the push you need to get clean as well as stay clean. We offer treatment to those living near Chattanooga and Clarksville as well. It’s time to pursue a better and brighter future.
To get started today, give us a call or visit our admissions page.