Drug addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease affecting millions of Americans every day. Drug rehab in Nashville, Tennessee can help you overcome drug addiction to lead a fulfilling life in recovery. At Discovery Place, we can give you the structure, support, and attention you need to end your addiction to drugs.
Discovery Place is a nonprofit drug rehab program located near Nashville, Tennessee. We help men seeking a new outlook on life who are serious about their recovery.
What is Drug Addiction?
Risk Factors for Drug Addiction
Drug addiction is more likely to take hold in some individuals than others. While more research is needed to fully understand the causes of drug addiction, certain factors often correlate with addiction.
Risk factors for developing an addiction to drugs include:
- Underlying mental health disorders, like depression, anxiety, or trauma
- Low self-esteem
- Chronic physical pain
- Family history of mental health or substance use disorders
- Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- History of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
- Using drugs at a young age, like childhood or adolescence
- Inability to cope with stressors in everyday life
These risk factors can also lead to co-occurring disorders, such as substance abuse and mental illness. In addition, drug abuse can cause or worsen existing mental health issues.
Drug Addiction Statistics in Nashville
Signs and Symptoms of Drug Addiction
Drug addiction can change a person’s behaviors and personality. These changes are symptoms of a disease. Thus, identifying the signs and symptoms of drug addiction is the first step to getting help.
Common signs and symptoms of drug addiction include:
- Needing more of a substance for the same effect, also known as developing a tolerance
- Unpleasant withdrawal symptoms appear when you attempt to quit (nausea, diarrhea, insomnia, or profuse sweating)
- Unable to cut back on drug use or set limits
- Neglecting family, school, and work duties because of drug use
- Isolating from friends and family
- Loss of interest in pleasurable activities
- Spending most of your time getting drugs, using, or recovering from the after-effects
- Thinking about using drugs throughout your day
- Unhealthy appearance (bloodshot eyes, unexpected weight changes, frequent bloody noses, bad breath, and shakiness)
- Feigning symptoms of physical pain to get prescription painkillers
- Stealing money from friends and family to buy drugs
- Risky behaviors while under the influence, like unsafe sex or reckless driving
- Conflicts with friends and family, especially surrounding drug use or the negative effects
When you are addicted to drugs, you keep using drugs despite the negative consequences. Therefore, it is critical to get help before things get even worse. Drug rehab in Nashville can help you manage your symptoms and deal with any underlying issues.
What to Expect at Our Drug Rehab in Nashville
At our drug rehab in Nashville, you can expect thorough treatment with caring and supportive staff members. The guides at Discovery Place have been through addiction and treatment. They know what it’s like to be in your place and are here to guide you through recovery.
At Discovery Place, we refer to those seeking help as “guests” rather than “patients.” As a guest, your unique needs and preferences will drive your treatment planning. In addition, our guides will value your strengths and interests that will help you live the life that you deserve.
Programs Offered at Our Nashville Drug Rehab
Our Nashville drug rehab offers several programs to our guests. Additionally, we understand that each person is different regarding their addiction. Some men need more time to build their lives from the ground up, whereas others need a short-term program to keep their lives from spiraling out of control. We designed our programs to be flexible while meeting the needs of our guests.
Discovery Place’s drug rehab programs include:
30-Day Rehab Program
Our 30-day drug rehab program allows you to enter early recovery with enough time to detox and learn more about your addiction. During our 30-day program, you will get an introduction to 12-Step recovery. Here, you can build connections with peers, learn relapse prevention, and get to the root causes of your addiction.
Long Term Recovery Program
The long-term recovery program (LTR) is the next step in recovery after 30 days. Our LTR is a 60 to 90 residential program that provides more time to engage in treatment. Discovery Place offers several amenities and activities for an enjoyable treatment experience.
Step Down Program
The step down program allows guests to continue residential treatment after 30-day rehab and LTR. Sometimes, 90 days is not enough to get the habits and skills needed for a successful long-term recovery. Guests in our step down program reside in our facility while transitioning to everyday life.
Continuing Care and Aftercare Programs
Discovery Place offers free continuing care and aftercare programs for our guests. Alumni of our programs get check-ins from their guides to ensure that they are connected to the recovery community. We begin aftercare planning during active treatment. In this way, you can continue maintaining your recovery after leaving our facility.
Your family matters during your recovery from addiction. Drug addiction is a family disease, and every member of your family is impacted by addiction. We support the whole family of our guests for this reason. As you go through treatment, we encourage your family to reach out for support from our guides and in the community.
Drug rehab programs often include aspects of 12-Step recovery. Discovery Place aligns with the 12-Step model for a successful recovery from drug addiction. However, we know that everyone responds differently to 12-Step programs. Above all, we empower you to find a peer support group that best suits you.
Drug Rehab in Nashville, TN
Discovery Place offers drug rehab in Nashville, Tennessee. Our programs ensure that you get the best care to meet your needs. We have several options to treat drug addiction and provide support for your entire family. Our guides will teach you how to live a better life in recovery. Contact us today to learn more.