Those who are considering drug treatment may feel like they are alone with their disease and struggle. But the truth is that drug addiction is something that many Americans struggle with. Those who acknowledge a problem exists and seek help are the most successful and turning their lives around and starting fresh again. In 2014, it was estimated that approximately 8.5% of the population in the United States alone needed treatment for their drug or alcohol addiction. The youngest were only age 12. That year, only 18.5% of those who needed treatment sought it.
Benefits of Treatment
Drug addiction is something that can be successfully treated. It isn’t an easy path, but it is possible. An effective treatment program and a willing participant can beat their battle with drugs or alcohol. They can re-emerge on the other side by stopping their use of drugs or alcohol, staying substance-free, and becoming a productive member of society and life once again.
Steps of Treatment
There are several steps one must go through to improve their chances at overall success in and after a program. These include:
- Many centers have programs that can help one detoxify medically which can help ease the transition and make it less painful, go more smoothly, and be a much safer process overall
- Behavioral counseling to help adjust attitudes, re-align new behavioral patterns, impress healthy life activities and skillsets, set up a system for cognitive medical interventions, and create a network of emotional therapies and support
- When one is in the criminal justice system, they may need more specialized support and treatment to help them also be competent at society re-entry
- Medical treatment
- Treatment of co-occurring mental health issues, should they exist
- In 2017, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration conducted a report that estimated approximately 8.5 million individuals 18-years-old and older, or about 3.4% of adults, had any mental illness or substance use disorder. Over three million adults, or 1.3%, additionally had co-occurring serious mental illness with their substance use disorder.
- Long-term treatment plans with support, on-going resources, and follow-up to aid those who complete treatment continue to be successful outside of treatment.
Help for Addiction and Dependence
Substance abuse has reached almost-epidemic levels not only here in the United States, but also for others around the globe. This is not a disease that is prevalent only for Americans. It doesn’t affect only certain individuals; everyone can be afflicted by this phenomenon.
There is no shame in admitting you have a problem and need help. The sooner you do, the sooner you are on the road to recovery, feeling better, and beginning to live healthily and happily again.
If you believe you have a problem with either drugs or alcohol, you can obtain the effective help you need through the medical detox and addiction treatment center alternative at Discovery Place. Our center is ideally set in the beautiful rolling hills of Tennessee, providing a soothing backdrop for treatment. Discovery Place’s Tennessee addiction treatment center has a team of supportive professionals that are invested in helping you get clean. Don’t wait to make the call that will change your life for the better. Our Tennessee detox treatment center alternative team is here to talk with you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-800-725-0922.