According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 19.7 million Americans battled a substance use disorder in 2017.
Countless injuries and fatalities are attributed to drug or alcohol abuse each year. Additionally, drug and alcohol addiction costs the American government more than $740 billion annually. Those who are battling drug or alcohol addiction can affect workplace productivity, increase healthcare expenses, and increase crime-related costs.
If you or a loved one is dealing with drug or alcohol addiction, you may be thinking you can handle it on your own. Sadly, that is oftentimes not the best path to sobriety. Your home may be full of triggers that can cause you to relapse and slip right back into addiction. At Discovery Place we firmly believe everyone deserves a chance at a happy and healthy life. Contact our Tennessee alternative addiction treatment facility today to learn more about our recovery programs.
You Don’t Have the Tools or Environment You Need for a Proper and Full Recovery At Home
One of the most important pieces of rehabilitation is recovering in a neutral environment. Attempting to recover at home means you are constantly surrounded by triggering people, places, or situations. When you choose to recover at Discovery Place you will be surrounded by the positive attitudes of our experienced recovery guides, and also 17 beautiful acres of scenic Tennessee farmland.
Home can include a number of different triggers and doesn’t offer a neutral environment for those struggling with substance abuse or addiction. The following is a list of other reasons why home isn’t a proper place to recover.
- At home, you do not have the right tools to eliminate toxins during withdrawals.
- There are too many distractions and obstacles at home.
- The probability of relapse heavily increases at home.
At our Tennessee drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility we aim to eliminate negative distractions and focus on recovery and sustained sobriety. If you are struggling with at-home rehab or don’t know how to get started, contact Discovery Place today to learn more about our many successful rehabilitation programs.
Why Our Burns Alternative Recovery Facility Works
Discovery Place operates like no other rehabilitation center in America. We partner with top private practice providers and utilize an engaging 12-step immersion program to provide our clients with the best alternative drug and alcohol recovery programs, such as:
- 30 Day Residential Program – Comprised of educational groups on addiction and recovery, 1-on-1 sessions with recovery guides, 12-step studies, and relapse prevention.
- Long-Term Recovery Program – A long-term live-in recovery program that cultivates a successful transition from substance addiction treatment to sustained sobriety in the real world.
- Continuing Care Program – Provides ongoing support, direction, and encouragement for alumni during the first year of recovery.