This is where the rubber meets the road. Following our 30-Day Residential Program and our 30- or 60-day Long-Term Recovery Program (LTR), our guests can receive another one to nine months of guided recovery in our stepdown residential addiction recovery program. In this final phase of Discovery Place’s proven three-phase long-term addiction recovery plan, guests practice living a sober life in the “real world” while still in the safety of our ongoing structure and support.
Our most recent survey of guests found that 83.3% of reporting alumni who have participated in all three phases of the Discovery Place program have maintained one year of continuous sobriety.
Guests who complete our 30-Day program, LTR and nine months in Step Down are able to spend their first full year of recovery safely within the Discovery Place community.
How the Step Down Program Works
For many of our guests, returning to their old “playgrounds and playmates” right out of a 30-day residential addiction recovery program is a recipe for disaster. After years, maybe even decades, of living in addiction, they need more time to learn all the tools Discovery Place offers and how to put them to use in a safe and controlled environment.
So we created the Step Down Program—another one to nine months of guided care—to give men an opportunity to continue building a sober foundation while learning how to practice spiritual principles in daily life, safely and securely. That means individualized programs that allow for more responsibility and independence with ongoing insight and direction from Discovery Place staff.
What’s Included in the Step Down Residential Treatment Program
Guests can participate in Step Down after completing 30 days in our Residential Program followed by another 30 or 60 days in LTR. In Step Down, guests work with Discovery Place staff (a “guide”) to create a customized recovery plan that includes more responsibility and independence around things like work, school and volunteer commitments. Above all else, recovery comes first.
The Step Down Residential Treatment Program includes:
- An additional one to nine months of guided recovery within the Discovery Place community, including 1-on-1 check-ins with a Discovery Place guide
- A structured weekly schedule, including 12 Step meetings, work with a sponsor, service and fellowship
- Volunteer opportunities at Discovery Place and in the community
- Ongoing peer accountability with other Step Down guests
- Housing and job placement assistance
- Life skills development, including grocery shopping, meal planning and cooking, budgeting and personal finance, and other household duties
- Help connecting with social services like food subsidies (EBT card) and income-based mental and physical health programs
- Off-campus fellowship and entertainment activities
Ready for better? Let’s get started.
Long-term recovery can be yours. And the best way to get started is with our 30-Day Residential Program.
Choosing where to go for help with drug and alcohol addiction is a big decision. Check out what our alumni and their families say about Discovery Place. Their stories may sound familiar to you.
If you’re looking for a way out that works, we can help. We’re here 24/7 and ready to guide you to the best solution for you or your loved one.