When you are struggling with an addiction and are ready to seek support, one of the very best options is to remove yourself from all possible triggers and environments which have been associated with your substance abuse. The bottom line is any acceptance of help is positive and can be a lifeline to helping you recover. If you are considering an inpatient program, there are many benefits to this option you should consider.
- Structure: These programs have multiple activities and treatments that can keep you from too much downtime, which, in many cases, can be problematic. They will keep you going throughout the day so that you won’t be spending your time craving and dwelling on your alcohol or drug of choice.
- Comprehensive Support: These programs have faculty and staff available and there for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you find yourself in a situation where you feel like you can’t make it or you are in need of help, someone will be there throughout the entirety of the program at all times. This is particularly important for the initial stages of recovery when the chances of a relapse are the highest.
- Dry Environment: Alcohol and drugs are not present in a facility, so the risk of obtaining these substances very difficult, if at all possible. That makes it a much safer environment to seriously work on your recovery and have the best chance for sobriety.
- Socialization: You are surrounded by people just like you who are going through very similar situations and understand your plight, creating an environment that promotes acceptance and disincentivizes judgment. You may even develop very real and long-lasting relationships with some of the other members who are working towards sobriety with you.
- Nutrition: When many enter rehabilitation, their bodies have been ravaged by the substance abuse and they likely have not taken care of the appropriate nutritional requirements needed to be healthy. In order to heal, nutrition can be a powerful tool. These programs ensure that each patient is building their bodies back up through a balanced diet made for you by expert nutritionists.
- Integrative Therapies: Many therapy options, such as group counseling, one-on-one counseling, medical interventions, activities like yoga or meditation, massages, and even some holistic treatments, are usually included in a well-rounded in-patient recovery program.
Finding the Right Program for You
Everybody’s story and the situation is different, and finding the right combination of treatment options to help you be successful is important. Those that are alcoholics and those that suffer from mental disorders tend to do better in residential treatment programs that have a stronger structure and support model.
The needs that are most-fitting for you are that which are best served by in-depth discussions with an addiction specialist. A professional who understands the options available and the unique requirements of each person can better help you design a customized program. This personalization may offer you the best chances of achieving success.
Well-Rounded Addiction Support Center in Tennesee
The professionals at Discovery Place can help you find your right balance. Our 12-Step program combines a residential component and a long-term care program to help you heal and find sobriety from start to finish. We offer extended guidance and support to ensure you are never alone during your journey. Let us help you find your success. Our team is here to talk with you and answer all your questions any day of the week, any hour of the day. Call us today at 1-800-725-0922 for more information.